Arts & Culture Summit 2REGISTRATION HAS CLOSED FOR THIS EVENT
8:00 – 8:30 – CHECK-IN, get acquainted, coffee and morning refreshments
8:30 – 9:20 – OPENING SESSION
- Kris Tucker: Welcome everyone and introduce speakers.
- Karissa Lowe, Cowlitz Tribal Council: Welcome and Blessing from the Cowlitz Tribe.
- Anne McEnerny-Ogle, Mayor Pro Tem: Welcome remarks.
- Kris Tucker: Set our challenge for the day. Why we are here? What don’t we know? What do we want? How can we get there?
9:20 – 10:00 – PECHA KUCHA (Six-minute, 20-slide presentations)
- Richard Burrows, Director of Community Outreach & Programs, The Historic Trust
- Tracy Fortmann, Superintendent, Fort Vancouver National Historic Site (National Park Service)
- Jim Hagar, Economic Development Project Manager, Port of Vancouver USA
- Jan Bader, Program & Policy Development Manager, City of Vancouver
- Lori Rotherham, Principal, Vancouver School of Arts and Academics, Vancouver Public Schools
- Karen Madsen, Chair, Arts of Clark County
10:00 – 10:15 – BREAK
10:15 – 12:15 – PANEL DISCUSSION
10:15 – 10:50 – Topic #1: Performing Arts. Creating a community-centric performing arts center.
- Moderator: Temple Lentz, High Five Media
- Panelist: Chris Ayzoukian, Beaverton Center for the Arts
- Panelist: Robert Cochran, Rose Center for the Arts
- Panelist: Jim Kalvelage, Opsis Architecture
10:50 – 11:25 – Topic #2: Visual Arts. Developing an art center with space for classes, exhibits and possibly live/work artist units.
- Moderator: Stacey Graham, The Historic Trust
- Panelist: Cristina Caravaca, Hillsboro Arts and Culture Council
- Panelist: Michael Walsh, Multnomah Arts Center
- Panelist: Heather Joy, Spaceworks Tacoma
11:25 – 12:00 – Topic #3: Development Opportunities. Assessing real opportunities in Vancouver to create economically sustainable arts-related projects involving both new construction and adaptive reuse.
- Moderator: Ethan Seltzer, Portland State University
- Panelist: Julie Alexander, Artspace
- Panelist: Jeff Jahn, PORT: portlandart.net
- Panelist: Linda K. Johnson, Co-Founder, Conduit Dance
12:00 – 12:15 – QUESTIONS for any panelist, all topics
12:15 – 1:30 – LUNCH (box lunch provided), idea generation exercise
1:30 – 4:00 – WORKSHOPS
- Performing Arts: Moving forward and next steps
- Visual Arts: Moving forward and next steps
- Development Opportunities: Moving forward and next steps
4:00 – 4:15 – BREAK
4:15 – 5:00 – RE-GROUP
- Sharing of commitments that resulted from the workshops
- Announcement of prizes/raffle winners
5:00 – 6:30 – SOCIAL TIME, wine and hors d’oeuvres